Width: 9 1/2" 24cm
Depth: 7 1/2" 19cm
In Zoffany’s painting of Queen Charlotte at Windsor in 1764 two nodding head figures are depicted. If they wained in popularity, they certainly made a resurgence in the Regency period when a number of them were installed in the corridors of Brighton Pavilion.
However whilst these figures were all made of plaster, this pair are made of lead. This is not the first time we have seen this model but they are certainly far rarer than the plaster examples.